Now we have mango season in India, so here is an easy mango sambar recipe for you. We can prepare a variety of dishes with mangoes like mango pachadi, mango rice, ice cream, mango panna etc. Today I am sharing with you an easy sambar recipe with raw mango which is very delicious with rice.
Use only raw mangoes-the mangoes in the pictures are not the one used in sambarIngredients
How to prepare Mango Sambar
Raw Mango (chopped) -1 cup
Sambar Powder -2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Tur dal -1/4 cup
For the seasoning
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Curry leaves - little
Slightly scrap the skin of mangoes and cut it into medium sized cubes.
Pressure cook tur dal with a pinch of turmeric powder till soft, mash it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add hing and curry leaves.
- Now add brinjal, drumstick, sambar powder, turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add a cup of water, needed salt and boil till the vegetables get cooked.
- Then add cooked tur dal, 1/2 cup of water and mango pieces. Simmer and cook for a few minutes.
- Easy mango sambar is ready to be served with rice and curry.
Meet you all again with another interesting recipe, till then it is bye from Padhu of Padhuskitchen.com