Mixed Vegetable Soup
Cauliflower – 4-5 florets
Cabbage – 100 grams
Spring onion – 4-5
Garlic- 3-4 cloves
Ginger – small bit
Salt – little
There are no hard and fast rules.You can add less or more of any vegetables.
This is how I prepare Vegetable Stock
You can add broccoli, leeks, celery and mushrooms to the above. Do not add tomatoes and potatoes. I have heard that in hotels they add vegetable peels but I do not prefer that because of the pesticide residue on the peels. You can do so, if you use organic vegetables.
How to prepare Vegetable Soup
Butter -1 tbsp
Onion -1 finely chopped
Garlic -3 cloves finely chopped
Carrot – handful (finely chopped)
Cabbage – handful (finely chopped )
Cauliflower – 3-4 florets (finely chopped)
Beans – 5-6 finely chopped
Spring onion greens -1/4 cup finely chopped
Corn flour – 2 tsp
White or Black pepper powder as required
Salt as needed
- Melt butter, add finely chopped onion and garlic, sauté till onion turns pink.
- Then add all the vegetables and sauté till it is half cooked which takes only a few minutes as we have chopped all the vegetables finely.
- Add vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Mix corn flour in a little water and add to the soup. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper powder to taste.
You can add mushroom and paneer also to the soup –
Finely chop 2 small pieces of mushroom and paneer.
Sauté it along with other vegetables.(Step-2).
Children and adults will love this simple and delicious soup. It is also a wonderful way to use all left over vegetables.
More Soup recipes
Meet you all again with another wonderful recipe, till then it is bye from Padhu of Padhuskitchen.com