You will get 5 parathas for this measurement
Whole wheat flour -1 cup
Oil – 2-3 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Grated Radish – 1 cup heaped (You can use white or red radish )
Cumin /Jeera Powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Red chilli Powder -1/2 tsp
Garam Masala -1/4 tsp (optional)
Coriander leaves – little (finely chopped )
Preparation of dough for paratha
Mix flour, oil, salt and needed warm water to make a soft pliable dough just as you make for chapati. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
Preparation of stuffing
Grade radish, add little salt and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Then squeeze out all the excess water.
Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai /pan, add jeera seeds ,when it sizzles, add all the powder and grated radish. Add salt if needed.
Sauté till all the remaining water evaporates from the radish and it becomes dry.
Now the stuffing is ready. Keep it aside .
How to prepare Radish Parathas
- Make equal sized balls from the dough and the stuffing.
- Roll out the dough into a small circle, keep the stuffing inside, gather the ends and close it with the stuffing inside.
- Press it slightly, dust wheat flour and roll out gently into a circle with sealed side on the top.
- Heat a tawa, put the rolled out dough on it, wait for bubbles to appear,when you see bubbles appearing, spread oil on the surface and flip it over to the other side.
- Now again apply a tsp of oil on the other side and cook both the sides well till brown specks appear. Press the corners of the paratha for it to get cooked well.
- Mooli Paratha is ready to be served with pickle or chutney or curd.
More Paratha Recipes
I prepare Parathas in 3 different ways and you can choose any method which is convenient for you.
You can refer my Aloo paratha recipe for the first method with step by step pictures.
I have prepared Gobi Paratha–Cauliflower Paratha using the second method (method with pictorial illustrations)
I have used the third method for Methi paratha. (vendhaya keerai paratha)
You can choose the first or second method for making Radish paratha.
For the new ones to the kitchen, my suggestion is- roll out all the parathas with the stuffing first, then heat the tawa and cook the parathas one by one.
( Click the link for the recipe and not the picture)
Radish Greens Stir fry -Mullangi Keerai Poriyal