Before going to the Grandma’s remedy-
I suggest that you use only Organic Ingredients.
Also keep in mind that every person’ s body is different. What works for one may not work for another.
1.Kasayam for Fever
Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Holy basil leaves (tulsi)- 4-5
1.Unsweetened Black Tea for Diarrhea
Tea leaves – 1 tsp
Fresh Lemon juice to taste
3. Eat a bowl of ripe papaya or one ripe guava before meals.
6# THROAT INFECTION – SORE THROAT
7# MENSTRUAL CRAMPS
2. Soak few raisins in a cup of warm water for 1/2 an hour and drink that water and eat the raisins on an empty stomach.
8# COUGH, COLD, CHEST CONGESTION DUE TO PHLEGM
1. Turmeric Milk
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (use only organic turmeric powder)
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Honey -1 tsp or palm jaggery
9 # NASAL CONGESTION/BLOCKED NOSE
10 # GASTRIC PROBLEM
1. Chew 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds to get quick relief from bloating and gastric problem.
11 # MOUTH ULCERS
12 # FOR A GOOD SLEEP
1. Drink a glass of warm milk with a tsp of honey before going to bed.
13 # LOSS OF APPETITE
14 # MINOR BURNS
2. Applying coconut oil 3 or 4 times a day also helps.
3. Applying calamine lotion also gives relief.
15 # HEADACHE
1. Have a cup of hot herbal tea.
Having a cup of hot ginger tea (recipe above) helps in relieving headache.
2.Cinnamon (ceylon cinnamon) tea also helps in relieving headaches.
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Ceylon cinnamon stick – 2 or 3 inch piece
Ceylon Cinnamon Image source – here
3. Cinnamon Milk
Have a cup of hot milk mixed with 1/4 tsp of Ceylon cinnamon powder and a tsp of honey.
Headache due to cold
Headache due to heat/ going out in the sun
Headache due to eye strain
8. Splash cold water on your eyes. Close your eyes and relax for 10-15 minutes
16 # COUGH
3. Herbal tea soothes and helps treat chest congestion and cough.
4. Chew cumin seeds with a sugar candy (kalkandu).
17 # INSECT BITE AND STINGS (FIRST AID)
18 # SOOTHE FOOT PAIN
Soak feet in warm salted water for 10 minutes.
19 # BAD BREATH
Chew one clove after meals.
For home remedies/grandma’s remedies related to beauty like hair fall, dandruff, dry skin, body odour etc, refer my Health Beauty Tips
All Herbal teas using spices should be prepared on low or medium low heat to get maximum benefits.