My arachu vitta sambar is a big hit among friends. Many have loved and tried it. Here I am with another speciality of mine - Arachuvitta kuzhambu. Just as my arachuvitta sambar does not require sambar powder, this kuzhambu also does not require sambar powder. I have prepared it with brinjal. You can try it with any vegetables which we normally use for kuzhambu like drumstick, broad beans, ladies finger or even with vathals. Now to the delicious Brinjal kulambu recipe-
Arachu vitta Kulambu-How to prepare Kuzhambu
Tamarind - small lemon sized ball
Brinjal -2-3 medium size
Pearl onions/shallots - 1/2 cup
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt as needed
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Red chilli- 4
Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Coconut - 1 tbsp
Khus khus/kasa kasa -1 tsp
Onion - 1 roughly chopped
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tsp
For the seasoning
Mustard - 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing - a pinch
Bengal gram -1/2 tsp
Fenugreek -1/4 tsp
Red chilli -1(break it into 2 pieces)
Curry leaves - little
Soak tamarind in 2 1/2 cups hot water. Extract its juice and discard the pulp.
Cut brinjal lengthwise into 4 pieces.
Fry all the ingredients mentioned under For grinding separately in a little oil and grind everything together to a smooth paste. Keep it aside. (onion also should be sauteed separately)
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when mustard splutters, add the rest of the ingredients mentioned under seasoning.
- Add baby onions, brinjal and saute for a few minutes till onion turn transparent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fry for some more time.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and needed salt.
- Add tamarind water and the grounded paste and cook till the gravy thickens.
Enjoy with hot rice.
More Brinjal recipes
Brinjal rice (Vangi bath)
Brinjal Gothsu-Brinjal gotsu
Ennai kathirikkai kuzhambu
Mochai Brinjal kara kuzhambu
Brinjal tomato gravy
Meet you all again with another interesting recipe, till then it is bye from Padhu of Padhuskitchen.com