I was very busy the whole of last week with shifting, so missed many of your delicious recipes. I will soon settle down and catch up with all your post. Mushroom pulao is a very tasty and flavorful dish and can be made in a matter of few minutes. Before going to the recipe, let me share with you - how to clean mushrooms as I got some mails asking me how to clean mushrooms after seeing my Mushroom Korma recipe.
This is how I clean mushrooms-
Take a damp cloth and gently clean the black spots on the mushrooms. Then rinse it for a few seconds in a bowl of water. Drain the water and pat it dry with a clean towel. Now the mushrooms are ready to be used. Do not soak them in water.
How to make Mushroom Pulao-Mushroom Rice recipe
Basmati Rice -1 cup
Button mushrooms - 150 grams
Onions - 2
Ginger-Garlic paste -2 tsp
Green chilli -2-3
Mint leaves -handful
Coriander leaves -handful
Thick Curd -1/4 cup (should not be sour)
Salt to taste
For the seasoning
Cinnamon -1 inch piece
Bay leaf -1
Oil -1 tbsp
Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes, drain the water and keep it aside.
Clean the mushrooms and cut them as you like but not into very small pieces.
Thinly slice onions and slit green chillies.
- Heat oil and add all the ingredients under seasoning.
- Add onions and saute till they turn pink.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, slit green chillies and saute for some more time.
- Add button mushroom, mint, coriander leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add curd and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add 2 cups of water, needed salt, basmati rice and pressure cook.
- Once done, fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
Or transfer the contents to a rice cooker and switch on the rice cooking mode.Once cooked, fluff it with a fork and serve hot.
I personally prefer any tomato based gravy as a side dish for mushroom pulao rather than raitha.
Meet you all again with another interesting post, till then it is bye from Padhu of Padhuskitchen.com