Potato chips is a very popular snack all over the world and I don't think there will hardly be anybody who does not love potato chips. Well, Do you want to enjoy Home made Potato chips (Aloo chips) like in the picture below.You can, as preparing Crispy potato chips at home is very easy. Just follow my step by step tutorial with pictures and it will not let you down.
Potatoes (buy big firm ones)
Oil for frying ( I used refined sunflower oil)
Salt and chilli powder (Mix a little salt and chilli powder and keep it ready before frying)
1. Wash Potatoes well and slice it with the help of a slicer.You do not have to peel the skin.
2.Rinse it well
3. Wipe it gently with a cloth.
4. Spread it on a cloth and let it dry for 5-10 minutes.
5.Heat needed oil and gently drop a few potato slices into the hot oil. The number of potato slices you add depends on the amount of oil you heat .
6. Turn it over with a slotted ladle so that it will get fried evenly.
7. Fry till golden brown and remove from oil with a slotted ladle.
8. Drain it on a colander or paper towel. Sprinkle salt+chilli powder mix on the potatoes while still hot and gently mix it. After it cools, store it in an air tight container. If you like pepper flavored potato chips, you can sprinkle salt+ pepper powder mix.
Potato chips can be had as a snack or even as a side dish for many rice dishes.
You might enjoy my Plantain chips-Raw Banana chips also.
Hope you enjoyed my post. Meet you all again with another interesting recipe, till then it is bye from Padhu of padhuskitchen.com